Do you want more from your life?
My clients are at a point in their lives where they want change - continuing on their present course is undesirable or even unacceptable. These feelings often have to do with career changes, relationships that aren't working, a desire to live life differently, a desire for greater fulfillment, or a realization that they are not living up to their potential. Sometimes they're just plain unhappy with the present, and not clear about the future.
I'm Doug Owen -- a Life and Career Coach. I work as a life coach for individuals, and as an executive coach to senior management in both business and non-profit enterprises. I coach people who have a great desire to create the life they really want. Working with a coach, my clients have discovered how to:
- Reduce stress in their personal and professional lives
- Change habits that are counter productive
- Develop new skills
- Become more effective at work
- Lead a more balanced life
- Improve their sense of well-being
- Get moving again!
You can see some of the results we've achieved in the Real Life Stories section.
I also offer workshops on setting and evaluating life and career direction. Please see the Services page for details.
Two ways to help you:
- I offer a 30-minute complimentary "session" that will allow you to see how I work and decide whether I'm the right coach for you.
- Call or email me with any questions you may have about my services or the way I work
My phone is (831) 566-0676
You may also reach me by email
I look forward to hearing from you.
Real Life Stories:
"I deeply appreciate...your wisdom.."
"Thank you again for your encouragement today and for being an important part of my journey. Our conversations are always delightful! I deeply appreciate you and your wisdom and knowledge.
"..a weight off my shoulders.."
I actually received an offer letter from Amazon last evening and officially accepted it today! I am very happy about it, and feel that a great weight has been taken off of my shoulders.[more..]
Getting a Dream Job
It was clear at our first meeting that in addition to help with the job-seeking process, there were some personal attitudes which, if left un-addressed, would severely compromise this young woman’s search. She had graduated from university, moved to California from her childhood home in the south to live with her sister, and was looking for work in a difficult job environment. Together, we formulated a plan and timetable, and she went to work on the issues. With encouragement, role playing and practice, she made significant changes, and within a couple of months she was offered her dream job. She continued to check in for affirmation and reinforcement, and within four months of starting was offered her first promotion.
Read more Real Life Stories
- Doug is featured in a current article from CBS online - SF Bay Area…
- "Doug Owen is one of the most insightful people you will meet…."
- "I struck gold when I found Doug while searching for a life coach…."
- Watch the video...
- New Testimonial
- A long term client is surprised and delighted by an unexpected award..... and concludes: "Thank you so much, Doug; I really owe a large part of this to you."
- "...you are gifted and have already made a difference in how I interact in work and love..." more
- Doug was interviewed for a recent article in the Santa Cruz Good Times weekly. Read the article.
- Read December 2010 Letter to Clients
- "...I cannot express how much Doug has changed my life for the better, both professionally and personally."
- Michelle McMahan.
- Recent greeting (via Linkedin) from an old client:
"Life here is good... and I've thought back on the sessions we've had with gratitude!"
- Doug was recently interviewed for an lead article for the business section of the local newspaper. You can find his comments here: Santa Cruz Sentinel
- Eric Schmidt, former Google CEO, thinks a life coach is a great idea (courtesy CNN/Money.com)
- "You really helped me...get moving with the job search..."
- Creating an Effective Resume
- Doug was recently a talk show guest on KRXA 540 AM Monterey. Listen
- Help for job seekers
- Recent testimonial:
"When I found myself looking for a new job for the second time in 3 years I was determined to make the process more efficient. I knew I needed a more effective way to get through the initial contact process with employers and I needed to be clearer in my mind as to my ultimate goal. Talking with Doug helped me to clarify the type of work I wanted to do and the type of company I wanted to work for." more